BoostNL is a collaborative project between International Film Festival Rotterdam's CineMart and the Holland Film Meeting of the Netherlands Film Festival. This initiative is designed to strengthen market assistance for international projects that have already received support from the Hubert Bals Fund or have previously been presented at CineMart, as well as Dutch projects in development. BoostNL focuses on projects at pre-production stage that are ready to be presented at a co-production market as well as projects that are almost complete and ready for presentation as works-in-progress.
By uniting forces, HFM and CineMart are creating a new space in which the selected projects can receive top-level guidance as well as stronger film industry exposure to new potential partners. Furthermore, the participating project representatives will receive advice from film professionals during a series of individual meetings with special attention paid to their festival, sales and marketing strategies.
The programme kicked off at the Holland Film Meeting in Utrecht (September 22-25) and continued through to IFFR CineMart 2017 (29 January - 1 February).
Below the complete inaugural BoostNL line-up of 2016:
International projects in development
• BOOTLEGGER (Canada) - Directed by: Caroline Monnet / Producer: Catherine Chagnon / Production company: Microclimat Films
• THE BRIDGE (Egypt) - Directed by: Hala Lotfy / Producer: Mohamed Samir / Production company: DayDream Art Production
• JESSICA (Sweden) - Directed by: Ninja Thyberg / Producer: Erik Hemmendorff / Production company: Plattform Produktion
• LOVELING (Brazil) - Directed by: Gustavo Pizzi / Producer: Tatiana Leite / Production company: Bubbles Project
• THE REPORTS ON SARAH AND SALEEM (Palestina) - Directed by: Muayad Alayan / Scriptwriter: Rami Alayan / Producers: Muayad Alayan & Rami Alayan / Production company: PalCine Productions
• TEHRAN, CITY OF LOVE (UK) - Directed by: Ali Jaberansari / Producer: Babak Jalali / Production company: Here & There Productions
Dutch projects in development
• DREAMSCAPE - Directed by: Anna van der Heide / Scriptwriter: Tijs van Marle / Producer: Iris Otten / Production company: Pupkin Film
• IN THE ARMS OF MORPHEUS - Directed by: Marc Schmidt / Producers: Janneke Doolaard, Hanneke Niens & Hans de Wolf / Production company: KeyDocs
• JADE - Directed by: Sacha Polak / Producer: Marleen Slot / Production company: Viking Film
• QUICKSAND - Directed by: Margot Schaap / Producer: Ellen Havenith / Production company: PRPL
• TOTEM - Directed by: Sander Burger / Scriptwriter: Bastiaan Tichler / Producer: Denis Vaslin / Production company: Volya Films
• CHARLIE AND HANNAH'S GRAND NIGHT OUT (Belgium) – Directed by: Bert Scholiers / Producers: Tomas Leyers, Marc Goyens / Production company: Minds Meet
• MORMAÇO (Brazil) - Directed by: Marina Meliande / Producer: Leonardo Mecchi / Production company: Enquadramento Produçoes
• QUALITY TIME (Netherlands) – Directed by: Daan Bakker / Producer: Iris Otten / Production company: Pupkin Film
Read more about the first stage of the BoostNL programme at HFM 2016 here